The following materials are not accepted at the Hinton Landfill.
- Any material determined by the Managing Director to have the potential of causing harm to the general health and welfare of human beings or the environment
- Chlorofluorocarbons (CFC) containing items, such as refrigerators and air conditioners;
- Closed drums
- Commercial loads of electronics, including televisions, office machines, and computer equipment
- Debris from nonhazardous chemical spills
- Devices that once contained petroleum-based compounds such as gasoline, fuel oil, hydraulic fluid, lubricants or other chemicals
- Friable asbestos
- Fuel tanks
- Hazardous waste, including paint, pesticides, fertilizer, pool chemicals, etc.
- High-pH and low-pH materials
- Infectious and/or hospital waste including any and all body parts and waste materials which have been in contact with said body parts, and are considered hazardous as defined by state and/or federal regulations. This includes, but is not limited to all “red bag” waste
- Large appliances such as stoves, dishwashers, refrigerators, air conditioners, etc.
- Lead acid batteries
- Motor oil, used oil filters
- Motor-driven vehicles
- Sandblast grit and non-liquid paint wastes
- Septic tank clean-out waste
- Spent filter media residue
- Unsecured load
Need to dispose of hazardous waste?
Need to dispose of large household appliances?