- Departments R - Z
- 635 East Project - Garland Information
635 East Project - garland information
The Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) is investing $1.74 billion into improving the 11-mile section of Interstate 635 East that serves Garland. For more information about the project and to subscribe to traffic alerts, visit 635East.com.
The design-build contractor for the 635 East Project, Pegasus Link Constructors (PLC), will temporarily occupy the Garland Avenue gateway site (the site of the old Hypermart building) as a staging yard for the 635 LBJ East Project.
Below are links to the public hearings held by the Garland Plan Commission on March 9 and the Garland City Council on April 7. In addition, the Council member who represents the area hosted a community meeting to help answer questions from the community.
City Council meeting April 7 - Link to meeting video; Pegasus Link Constructors presentation (pdf)
Plan Commission March 9 - Link to meeting video; Pegasus Link Constructors presentation (pdf)
Additional meeting presentations:
City Council Aug. 3 - Overview of Site History, Activities - Link to meeting video; City Gateway Overview presentation (pdf); PLC Presentation (pdf).
City Council Aug. 3 - Garland Ave/635 Interchange overview - Link to meeting video; Garland Ave/635 Interchange presentation (pdf); Link to Interchange Explainer video
Learn more about air quality testing at the site.
We are in the process of adding more resources and information to this page. Please check back often for updates.
- How long has the site been vacant?
- What are some of the site's potential uses?
- What kinds of deed restrictions are imposed on the existing Garland Avenue gateway site?
- What is the Garland Foundation for Development?
- What is the role of the Garland Foundation for Development with the Garland Avenue gateway location?
- How can I share my thoughts on the future development of the Garland Avenue gateway site?
- Why this site?
- How long will PLC occupy the site?
- What activities will occur at this staging yard?
- What type of materials will be stored at the staging yard?
- What safety measures will be implemented at the staging yard?
- What kind of security will be implemented at the staging yard?
- How will PLC mitigate noise at the staging yard?
- How will PLC mitigate dust at the staging yard?
- How will PLC monitor air quality at the staging yard?
- During PLC’s lease, who will maintain the property and its surrounding areas?