Need to recycle before your normal collection day? Then visit the Drop-Off Recycling Center, where we take all the items we pick up curbside, plus many more.
We are located at 1426 Commerce Street. Our Recycling Center hours are Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Saturday from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
All materials must be placed loosely in the large recycling receptacles or in clear, see-through bags. If you collect your recycling in black bags, please empty the contents into the large containers and reuse your bag or leave it in a trash cart located near the recycling receptacles.
Please help us maximize your efforts to recycle. Black bags are not acceptable and will not be opened at the processing plant for the safety of the personnel sorting the recycling. If they can’t see what’s inside, they don’t open it.
Newspapers & Magazines
- Advertising inserts okay
- Loose or tied bundles
- No wet or sunburned newspapers
- Please remove newspaper and magazines from plastic sleeves
- Brown paper bags
- Chipboard such as cereal and canned drink boxes
- Computer paper
- Junk mail
- Paper egg cartons
- Telephone books
- White office paper
Tin & Steel Cans
- Empty aerosol cans that do not contain chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs)
- Food cans (rinsed, labels and lids okay)
Emptied and rinsed
Glass Bottles & Jars
- Any color; labels okay; rinsed and lids removed
No light bulbs, plate glass, auto glass, tempered glass, mirrors, or leaded glass
Plastics Bottles Number 1 through Number 7 (except Number 6 polystyrene)
- Number 1 - Soda bottles, water bottles
- Number 2 - Milk jugs, detergent, and shampoo bottles
- Number 3 - Some detergent bottles or cooking oil bottles
- Number 4 - Some squeezable bottles
- Number 5 - Yogurt containers, syrup bottles
- Number 7 - Large water bottles, some food containers
- Rinsed; labels and plastic caps okay
Corrugated boxes (please empty and flatten)
Scrap Metal & Aluminum
- Appliances can be left outside of the container in a collection area next to scrap metal container
- Metal furniture, aluminum storm doors (no glass), barbeque grills
- Place in an open-top container designated for scrap metal
- Auto and truck batteries
- Motor oil and transmission fluid
- Used oil filters
Cooking Oil, Grease & Fat
- For more information visit Cease the Grease page.
- Electronic equipment such as televisions and computers (more information on electronic recycling)
- Household hazardous waste such as paint, pesticides, fertilizers, pool chemicals. Note: Take items to Home Chemical Collection Center located at 11234 Plano Road or call 214-553-1765 for operating hours.
- Plastic bags, plastic cleaner bags. Take them back to the store where you got them. Most stores that take plastic bags also take back cleaner bags.
- Plastic toys
- Polystyrene, including packing materials, bubble wrap, Styrofoam cups, food clamshells, egg cartons, and meat trays labeled Number 6.
- Rubber Hoses
- Used antifreeze
Contact Customer Service at 972-205-3500 for more information.