Are there ongoing requirements?

Yes. In order to receive continued housing assistance payment home ownership payments, the family must continue to live in the home. If the family moves out, the Garland Housing Agency (GHA) will not continue the assistance after the month when the family moves out. Neither the family nor the lender is required to refund to the GHA the home ownership assistance for the month when the family moves out.

The family must comply with the terms of the mortgage in order to qualify for continued assistance from the GHA. In addition, the family must remain eligible according to Housing and Urban Development rules and regulations as stated in the GHA Administrative Plan.

Show All Answers

1. What is the Housing Choice Voucher Home Ownership Program?
2. Who qualifies?
3. How do I know I'm ready for home ownership?
4. What is an eligible home?
5. Will you find me a home to live in?
6. Will I need to get my home inspected?
7. What about financing?
8. Can my family help me buy the home?
9. Am I limited to how much I may pay for a home?
10. How do I make the mortgage payments?
11. What do I pay for?
12. Are there ongoing requirements?
13. Will I still have to have a re-certification meeting each year, even after I purchase the home?
14. Are there any time limits?
15. Can I purchase another home?
16. Will purchasing a home make me ineligible for other assistance programs such as food stamps, Medicaid and Medicare?
17. What if I have trouble maintaining my home or paying my mortgage?
18. What if I get terminated from the program?