The Fire Marshal's Office is responsible for:
- Fire Code Enforcement
- Fire Permits
- Fire Engine Visits
- Fire Safety
- Plans Submittal
- Public Education
- Station Tours
Engine/Ambulance Visit or Station Tours
To schedule an engine visit, ambulance visit, or station tour, click here to submit a request. Requests must be submitted and scheduled two weeks prior to the event. We do not schedule visits or tours on Mondays. If you have questions, you may call 972-781-7148 for assistance.
To schedule a career day speaker or a recruiter for a job fair, please call the recruiting office at 972-781-7149.
Arson And Investigation
To report suspicious fire activity or possible arson, email Investigations or call 972-781-7122.
Fees and Scheduling testing
For Fee Schedule questions or to schedule testing please call the Fire Marshal's office at 972-781-7148.
Plans Review Board
Plans can be hand delivered to the Fire Marshal's office at 1500 State Hwy 66 or send them via email GFDPlansReview. For questions please contact Noah Cunningham at 972-781-7117.
Tier 2 Reports
Tier 2 Reports can be hand delivered to the Fire Marshal's office at 1500 State Hwy 66 or send them via email GFDTier2Reports.
To determine whether you need a permit for hazardous material please fill out the Hazardous Material Review Form.
FIRE STANDARDS AND SPECIFICATIONS
- Fire Department Permit Applications (PDF)
- Plan Review Submittal 2020 (PDF)
- 2015 Fire Code Amendments (PDF)
- Access Gates (PDF)
- Class I Embedment Detail (PDF)
- Elevator Recall and Shunt Trip Policy 2020 (PDF)
- Fee Schedule (PDF)
- Fire Alarm System (PDF)
- Fire Department Connection (PDF)
- Fire Extinguishers (PDF)
- Fire Hydrants (PDF)
- Fire Lane (PDF)
- Fire Pits and Chimeneas 2020 (PDF)
- Fire Sprinkler (PDF)
- Fire Underground Plan Submittal (PDF)
- Grill Use and Storage Guidelines (PDF)
- Haunted House 2020 (PDF)
- High Piled Storage (PDF)
- Knox Key Box (PDF)
- Permit Requirements (PDF)
- Private Hydrants 2020 (PDF)
- Propane Gas Requirements (PDF)
- Sprinkler Submittal Requirements (PDF)
- Temporary Tents and Membrane Structures 2020 (PDF)
- Vehicle Impact Protection (PDF)