City of Garland offices and facilities will reopen at 10 a.m. Friday, Feb. 3.
The Sanitation Department has been monitoring expected future weather and road conditions due to the winter storm. Trash collection is anticipated to begin on Friday, Feb. 3. However, if conditions change, collections may be delayed or postponed. Below is a list of services expected to begin Friday morning:
- Friday - Wednesday’s trash/recycling/brush and bulky routes
- Saturday - Thursday’s trash/recycling/brush and bulky routes
- Monday - Friday’s trash/recycling/brush and bulky routes
- Tuesday’s trash/recycling/brush and bulky routes will be picked up next week on the regular scheduled day.
- Recycling routes originally scheduled for Tuesday, Jan. 31 will be picked up Saturday, Feb. 11.
All services are expected to be back on regular schedule next Tuesday, Feb. 7. Residents with extra trash due to pickup delays may leave it out for brush and bulky pickup on their assigned days. The City’s Recycling Center, 1426 Commerce St., will be available for drop-off of excess recycling.
City utility bill due dates will be extended during this period and late fees will be waived or refunded.
The City of Garland Tax Office will extend the property tax delinquency date to Monday, Feb. 6.
All Municipal Court dockets will be rescheduled. There is no need for individuals to contact the court regarding a missed court date. Anyone scheduled for court during the closure will be contacted and rescheduled. Visit the Municipal Court webpage at for additional information.
The public input meeting for the new Garland Senior Center Project is being rescheduled for 9 to 11 a.m. Wednesday, Feb. 8, at Granger Recreation Center, 1310 W. Avenue F. A Zoom link is available on the Senior Center Project webpage.