View all facilities
Fields Recreation Center
- ADA Accessible
- Fitness Room
- Meeting Rooms
- Recreation Center
- Rental Facilities
Gale A. Fields Recreation Center, located in Embree Park in southeast Garland, is named after Gale A. Fields, who was born April 23, 1928, and served as the director of the Lou Huff Recreation Center for 31 years. He was an active member of Garland civic organizations, including the Rainbow Estates Neighborhood Association and the Garland East Area Plan Implementation committee. On March 7, 2000, the city broke ground in Embree Park to begin building the Gale A. Fields Recreation Center. The facility was dedicated on December 4, 2001, with Mr. Fields and his family in attendance.
PARK ACTIVITIES AND AMENITIES:
- Embree Park Trail – 0.5 miles of paved concrete trail
- Picnic Area
- Medium-sized picnic shelter
- All-purpose/basketball court
- (2) Practice backstops
- Drinking fountain
- Parking (114 total spaces)
|Class Room||$60 per hour||49 people||49 chairs|
|Multipurpose Room||$80 per hour||150 people||150 chairs|
|Gymnasium||$80 per hour||200 people||None|
*No food and drink
- Weekday hours: Monday through Friday until 5 p.m.
- Weekend hours: Friday starting at 5 p.m. through Sunday
- Non-public rental hours: Friday 5 to 11 p.m., Saturday 4 to 11 p.m., Sunday 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- One hour minimum rental during public hours and two-hour minimum rental during non-public hours